Find out More
Do I need a Lawyer?
Why Choose Us?
Book an Appointment
Request a Quote
Ask us a Question
Do I Need A Lawyer
When you are faced with family breakdown, divorce, or another family law problem, one of the decisions you need to make is whether you need a lawyer. Some families manage their way through the legal side of things without any formal legal advice. It really depends on how difficult your situation is and what is at stake.
The checklist below may help you decide whether you need a lawyer to help you.
If you answer 'yes' to any of the questions below, you are more or likely to benefit from legal advice:
- Are there children involved?
- Are you unsure of what you are entitled to?
- Has your partner hired a lawyer?
- If violence an issue or a possible issue?
- Do you feel emotionally unprepared to handle the negotiations yourself?
- Is there likely to be a disagreement over the dividing of the property or assets?
- Is your partner likely to want to move interstate, overseas or far away with your children?
- Are you transferring assets between yourselves and require assistance in obtaining an exception from the payment of stamp duty or tax?